21 Feb 7 Things You Should Not Do Underwater
Posted at 16:52h
in Scuba Diving
Everything started several years ago when I decided it was time for me to do something more than just snorkel. A PADI Discover Scuba Diving program was just enough to make want to share the beauty of the underwater world with my friends and not just, only now I had become an Open Water Scuba Instructor. More than a few people wonder what makes me talk so passionately about SCUBA diving.
Asking the same question to myself, I have to admit that I wasn’t really surprised to find not one, but 22 reasons!
So, SCUBA diving can:
1. be something entirely different than the usual hobbies since it takes place in a completely different environment.
2. give us the opportunity to explore the 75% of our planet, made of water since there are countless dive sites which we can visit for our dives.
3. provide us with the amazing experience of flying thanks to the weightlessness that exists underwater.
4. offer you the sense of absolute serenity since the underwater environment can subconsciously transfer you to the mother’s womb.
5. be an escape from our everyday life, because we can dive, especially in Greece, every day of the week, all year round without any special requirements.
6. give an added value to our holiday destinations since we will be taking into account whether we can or can’t dive to the place that we’ve chosen for our holidays.
7. help us observe underwater life, making this a great interactive learning experience.
8. be done by everyone, given the fact that no serious health problems, limiting our activities, exist.
9. be done by people from all age groups starting at eight years old.
10. be risk-free since modern equipment and training methods can make it absolutely safe for practice.
11. be definitely entertaining which is why is called fun diving.
12. is an amazing way of socializing since different from all cultures get together and share a common passion.
13. can fight the fear of water and the unknown factor in it, by providing the chance of getting acquainted with the ocean safely and tirelessly.
14. offer the proper conditions for redefining one’s personal limits by facing new challenges.
15. foster and increase one’s self-esteem by creating fearless explorers with a whole new set of skills
16. be ecological since it doesn’t affect in any way the underwater environment when practiced correctly
17. can promote the love for the ocean and the protection of the underwater world.
18. be seen as an adventure, every time a diver is getting a new training course or decides to join a fun dive.
19. enhance the physical condition of a person by boosting the cardiovascular system as well as muscles and bone structure in an environment free of gravity.
20. be educational since the diver gets to visit different environments, habitats, and animal systems.
21. provide professional photographers as well as amateurs unique opportunities for once in a lifetime shots.
22. be an amazing and adventurous suggestion for professional orientation because the ever-growing diving industry has always a place for visionaries.
This is what I wanted to share with you, not necessarily in that order, but hoping that you would add your own reasons.